Monday, June 8, 2009

Enjlish...

What if there was a universal change in the English language to change "g"(the way its pronounced) to "j"? i.e. English to become Enjlish?

"Oh My God" would become "Oh My Jod!" and "Good Girl" will be "Jood Jirl"? Hungry will be hunjry and gone will be jone!

English is a funny lanjuage - now the reason why I didn’t replace the "g" in the lanjuage is because g is already j!! Similarly in Bajjage, Damage, carriage, marriage!.. Phew I am confused! Why is Go not Jo? Why is got not jot? Why is get not jet?

Imagine a normal conversation endinj up in a mess:

A: hi! How are you?
B: I am Jood, how are you?

A: I am doinj Jreat! Lonj time no see? What are you doinj these days?
B: Oh Yeah, have been busy lately, jot into a janj of jerks - software engineers! And life is busy since then.

A: Jerks, why so?
B: they call "J" as "J"

A: So what's the problem?
B: I mean "J" as "J"

A: What's wronj?
B: Exactly, you just said Wronj! "J" as "J"

A: Iam not sure about your janj, but you surely are! I dont jet you at all!
B: Nevermind! JoodBye!

I promise, this is no exaggeration, my cousin (Maria) and I have created this :) we talk in "Enjlish" most of the times and she as a kid used to call "K" as "T" (Not Tidding ;-)..) and couldn't explain her problem as she tept sayinj "T" as "T"

Jot the Point???

LOL....

5 comments:

AVP said...

How about changing "C" with "S"?

Now my question would be "How about shanginj "S" with "S"?

Would Maria like it?

Mariya said...

Maria will love it :) I'm so honoured with this post revolving around me. (for all the wrong reasons but still..) :)

TheMobilePhotog said...

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O

Arun said...

Thank Jod its not Y as J. Otherwise we would have to have Mariya as MARIJA ....

Meens said...

Since the pronunciation of 'g' is changed to that of 'j', the loss of 'g' is noticed only in writing. Why not drop the letter 'g' altogether and reduce the Enjlish alphabet to 25 letters? (Here's a thread you might want to look at: http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic31022.html) Enjlish is anyways a funny language and you interpret many words from context only. We get to differentiate between 'jet' and 'jet' purely based on context and English then goes short of so many uniquely spelled words!

We could also think of interchanging the pronunciations of 'g' and 'j'. Then 'goose' will become 'joos' and 'juice' will become 'guice'.

That was an interesting post!

P.S. First time I'm getting an interesting CAPTCHA : cations :) high school chemistry ;)