Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dude! That was lame!

It was a Friday morning and I was sitting at work all alone trying to catch up with e-mails and preparing my list of "to-do". In sometime, my team mate silently comes and gives a wicked smile. Not knowing why, I kept talking to him normally (Hi, Hello, How are you, How come early, blah blah). He just kept staring at me expecting something different from me. I couldnt understand why the look and asked him "what's up?". He asked, "Aren't you surprised?". I said, "Huh. Oh I need to say Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii how are you, good to see you, what a pleasant surprise that you came in early!!" animatedly. He looked surprised (of course) but had the same grin on his face with the same stare. I had no clue what he was up to, he said "Haven't you read my e-mail as yet?". I quickly turn back to my laptop and hunt for his email and this is what I see:


From: Team mate
To: Sakina Adeeb
Date Sent: Fri 4/1/2011 9:26 AM
Subject: Will be OOTO for a month

Hi Sakina,

I wish to inform that due to a personal emergency I’m flying to Canada today in a few hours. I would be OOTO for close to a month. Don’t really have time to give a call and explain, but will do so once I reach Canada. Please inform the team on the same.

Thanks,
Team Mate


I burst into uncontrollable laughter and almost fell off the chair. I told him "Dude, didn't you get a better idea to fool me? How lame of you. You actually wanted me to believe that you have relatives in Canada which can cause a personal emergancy, and you already have the flight tickets to go there in a few hours?"

This was one of the lamest ways somebody has tried to fool me on April Fool's Day.
Accept it dude, that was a sad attempt! Lol

No comments: